List of ufologists
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject. (December 2010)|
- Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde, (b. 1939), has spoken openly about the hiding of UFO evidence.
- Juhan af Grann, (b. 1948), is a Finnish film director and producer known of his UFO documentaries.[unreliable source?]
- Jacques Bergier (1912 - 1978), writer. He co-wrote the best-seller The Morning of the Magicians.
- Robert Charroux (1909 - 1978), writer. Promoted the Ancient astronauts theory.
- Rémy Chauvin (1913 - 2009), biologist and entomologist.
- Aimé Michel (1919 - 1992), writer and ufologist.
- Jean-Pierre Petit (b. 1937), scientist, senior researcher at National Center for Scientific Research CNRS as an astrophysicist. Promoted the Ummo theory. Created the Ufo-Science Association.
- Jacques Vallée (b. 1939) Computer scientist. Important figure in the UFO studies in France and in the United States. Promoted the extraterrestrial hypothesis and later the interdimensional hypothesis.
- Claude Poher (b. 1936), member of the French space agency, CNES, a precursor of GEIPAN, the official French service dedicated to the analysis of the UFO observation reports from the population.
- Monsignor Corrado Balducci, (1923–2008), a Roman Catholic theologian of the Vatican Curia long time exorcist for the Archdiocese of Rome.[verification needed]
- Iker Jiménez Elizari (b. 1973) is a journalist born in the Basque city of Vitoria. He's licensed in Sciences of the Information by the Complutensian University of Madrid and the European University of Madrid. His wife, Carmen Porter, is also a journalist and investigator on paranormal activity; both work together in the show Cuarto Milenio, in the TV network Cuatro, and its radio version Milenio 3 in Cadena SER, about paranormal activity, Ufology and other mysteries.[verification needed]
- Ray Alex (b. 1963 -), is a Swedish former musician and lately a UFO investigator best known for his articles at Ray Alex Web where he examine possible evidence for extraterrestrial life and Illuminati`s influences on modern culture.
 United Kingdom
- George King, (1919–1997) regarded himself as "Primary Terrestrial Mental Channel" for great and evolved extraterrestrial Intelligences.[verification needed]
- Elizabeth Klarer, (1910–1984), South African contactee and UFO photographer.[verification needed]
- Nick Pope, Former head of the UFO desk, Ministry of Defence; author of Operation Thunder Child.
- Jenny Randles, (b. 1951), is a British author and former director of investigations with the British UFO Research Association (BUFORA).[unreliable source?]
- Brinsley Le Poer Trench, (1911–1995), a ufologist and a firm believer in flying saucers, and in particular, the Hollow Earth theory.[unreliable source?]
- Artem Bilyk, head of the Center for Abnormal Space Phenomena Studies at the National Technical University of Ukraine (KPI). Author of over 30 publications, numerous publications in the media and the Internet.[which?] Inherited[clarification needed] a lot of public material on UFO activity in sections of the Academy of Sciences. Upstream developer of several innovative methods of identification of atmospheric phenomena, mathematical processing, automatic process of peer review.[which?]
 North America
- Stanton Friedman, (b. 1934), U.S. born Canadian professional ufologist, former nuclear physicist, did early research on Roswell and also MJ-12 documents.[verification needed]
- Paul Hellyer, (b. 1923) a Canadian politician. Officially inaugurated a UFO landing pad in St. Paul, Alberta; the first in the world.[verification needed]
- Wilbert Brockhouse Smith (1910–1962) was a Canadian electrical engineer, radio engineer, ufologist and contactee.
 United States
- George Adamski (April 17, 1891 – April 23, 1965) - Controversial UFO contactee of the 1950s, wrote several bestselling books about his encounters with friendly "space brothers" from other planets.
- Orfeo Angelucci (aka Orville Angelucci) (June 25, 1912 – July 24, 1993) - One of the most unusual of the mid-1950s UFO contactees.[verification needed]
- Art Bell (birth name: Arthur William Bell, III) (b. 1945) - US radio broadcaster and author, known primarily as the founder and longtime host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM.
- Paul Bennewitz (September 29, 1927 – June 23, 2003) - US businessman who played a major role in shaping the development of UFO conspiracy theories since the 1980s.[verification needed]
- William J. Birnes - American writer, editor, book publisher and literary rights agent. He is best known as an active publisher of UFO literature (UFO Magazine) and is a New York Times bestselling author.
- Greg Bishop - Author of Project Beta and co-founder of the magazine The Excluded Middle. Also, hosts a weekly radio program, Radio Misterioso, and co-writes the blog UFO Mystic with Nick Redfern.[verification needed]
- Jerome Clark (b. 1946) - UFO historian, author of the UFO Encyclopedia
- Philip J. Corso (1915–1998) - Army Intel officer, wrote highly-disputed book on Roswell UFO incident.[verification needed]
- Robert Dean (b. 1929) Ufologist, reportedly read a document called An Assessment (1964), a NATO report on UFOs prompted by an incident on February 2, 1961 during which 50 UFOs allegedly appeared over Europe.
- Glenn Dennis (b. 1925) - A founder of the International UFO Museum and Research Center in Roswell, New Mexico, which opened in September 1991. Dennis is a self-professed witness to the Roswell UFO incident (1947).
- Richard M. Dolan (b.1962) - Author of UFOs and the National Security State, Vol. I: Chronology of a Cover-Up 1941–1973, and a frequent speaker at UFO conferences. Also, a co-host of the television series Sci-Fi Investigates.[unreliable source?]
- Danielle Egnew (February 28, 1969) - American Psychic / Medium and Paranormal Radio, TV and Film host. Contactee who regularly reports on first-hand communication with extraterrestrial species along with detailed physics / design of extraterrestrial propulsion systems.[verification needed]
- Raymond E. Fowler (b. 1934) long-time UFO investigator, details one of the best multiple witness alien abduction cases on record, author of The Andreasson Affair and The Allagash Abductions.
- Daniel Fry (July 19, 1908 – December 20, 1992) was an American contactee who claimed he had multiple contacts with an alien and took a ride in a remotely piloted alien spacecraft on July 4, 1949.[verification needed]
- Allen H. Greenfield (b. 1946), is an American occultist, Ufologist, writer, editor.[verification needed]
- Steven M. Greer (b. 1955), is an American physician known as a proponent of openness in government, media and corporations when it comes to advanced technologies that he and others believe to have been shelved and hidden from public awareness for reasons of profit and influence.[verification needed]
- Richard H. Hall (December 25, 1930 – July 17, 2009), former assistant director of NICAP in the 1960s, former director of the Fund for UFO Research in the 1980s.
- Charles I. Halt, retired USAF Colonel who was a key figure in the Rendlesham UFO incident in 1980.
- Allan Hendry (b. 1950), astronomer, full-time UFO investigator for the Center for UFO Studies in the late 1970s and early 1980s.[verification needed]
- Budd Hopkins (b. 1931), alien abduction researcher.[verification needed]
- Linda Moulton Howe (b. 1942), journalist known for cattle mutilation investigations.[verification needed]
- J. Allen Hynek (May 1, 1910 – April 27, 1986) - Astronomer, consultant to Project Blue Book (USAF). Founded CUFOS (Center for UFO Studies).[verification needed]
- Morris K. Jessup (March 2 or 20, 1900 – April 20, 1959), a photographer, is probably best remembered for his pioneering ufological writings and his role in uncovering the so-called Philadelphia Experiment.[verification needed]
- John Keel (birth name: Alva John Kiehle) (March 25, 1930 – July 3, 2009), journalist, investigated the famous Mothman Sightings in West Virginia in 1966 and 1967.[unreliable source?][verification needed]
- Donald Keyhoe (June 20, 1897 – Nov. 29, 1988), aviator and Marine Corps officer, was the leader of NICAP, the largest civilian UFO research group in the US, in the 1950s and 1960s.[verification needed]
- Philip J. Klass (November 8, 1919 – August 9, 2005), senior editor of Aviation Week and Space Technology, leading UFO skeptic/debunker from mid-1960s until his death in 2005.
- George Knapp (b. 1952) - American investigative journalist.
- Bob Lazar (b. 1959) is a physicist and owner of a mail-order scientific supply company who claims to have worked from 1988 until 1989 at an area called S-4 (Sector Four).
- Bruce Maccabee (b. 1942), retired US Navy optical physicist, has analyzed numerous UFO videos and photos.[non-primary source needed][verification needed]
- Jim Marrs (b. 1943), is a conspiracy theorist, news reporter, college professor, and author of books and articles on a wide range of assorted conspiracy theories.[verification needed]
- Riley Martin (b. 1946), is a self-described alien contactee, author, and radio host.
- John Edward Mack (1929–2004), Harvard psychiatrist/professor, alien abduction researcher.
- Donald Howard Menzel (1901–1976), professor of astronomy at Harvard University, leading UFO skeptic of the 1950s and 1960s.
- James W. Moseley (b. 1931), editor of Saucer Smear, longtime observer and commentator of the UFO field.
- George Noory (b. 1950), broadcaster of the popular "Coast to Coast" radio broadcast; the program discusses paranormal events.
- Curtis Peebles, aerospace historian for the Smithsonian Institution, also a leading UFO skeptic.[verification needed]
- Kevin D. Randle (b. 1949), Captain in the US Air Force Reserves; also a leading investigator of the Roswell UFO Incident in 1947.[verification needed]
- Nick Redfern (b. 1964), is a British ufologist/Cryptozoologist now living in Dallas, Texas, US.[verification needed]
- Edward J. Ruppelt (July 17, 1923 – September 15, 1960), Air Force Captain who supervised Project Blue Book, the Air Force's official study of the UFO phenomenon in the 1950s and 1960s.[verification needed]
- Harley Rutledge (1926–2006), solid-state physicist, Southeast Missouri State University.[non-primary source needed][verification needed]
- Michael Salla (b. 1958) is an international politics scholar who in 2001 became interested in the study of exopolitics.
- Robert Sheaffer (b. 1949), member of CSICOP's UFO subcommittee, a leading UFO skeptic/debunker.
- Rob Simone Author of "UFOs In The Headlines" and "UFOs Crop Circles and the Mayan Calendar" The Rob Simone Talk Show.
- Whitley Strieber (b. 1946), author of Communion, UFO researcher and paranormal phenomena expert.
- Leonard H. Stringfield, (1920–1994) was an American ufologist who took particular interest in crashed flying saucer stories.
- Michael D. Swords, biophysicist at Western Michigan University, prominent ufologist for the Center for UFO Studies.
- Jacques Fabrice Vallée (b. 1939), scientist, author.
- Alfred Webre (b. 1942), is an author, lawyer (member of the District of Columbia Bar), futurist, peace activist, environmental activist, and a space activist who promotes the ban of space weapons.
- Jason Murphy (b.1970), is writer and 25 year ufo researcher living in Connecticut.
- Steve Hopkins (b.1978), is a full-time ufologist, Cryptozoologist, North Carolina, U.S.A.
 South America & Oceania
- Ademar José Gevaerd (b. 1962)
 See also
- "Skeptic Report/ UFO Bibliography: Salatun, J". Archived from the original on 2007-12-22. http://web.archive.org/web/20071222013723/http://www.skepticreport.com/ufo/ufo-s.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "Muinasteaduste "kriminalist"". Eesti Ekspress. 1998. http://blog.ekspress.ee/Arhiiv/Vanad/1998/34/inimene2.html.
- "Ufoloog kommenteeris "Eesti kummituste" lugusid". elu24. 2008-08-27. http://www.elu24.ee/29373/ufoloog-kommenteeris-eesti-kummituste-lugusid/.
- "Igor Volke: Eesti võidaks ufoloogide kümnevõistluse". Põhjarannik. 2004-12-31. http://arhiiv.pohjarannik.ee/article.php?sid=7959.
- "Online-intervjuu: küsi ufoloog Igor Volkelt!". Õhtuleht. 2009-03-05. http://www.ohtuleht.ee/318837.
- "Ufo-Norway: MUFON USES SCANDINAVIAN CONTACTEE ON ITS ADVISORY BOARD OF CONSULTANTS: RAUNI-LEENA LUUKANEN". http://www.kolumbus.fi/lauri.grohn/yk/skepsis/ufonorja.html. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "Web: Juhan af Granns Visions". http://personal.inet.fi/business/grann/www/thejag.com/. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "Monsignor Corrado Balducci". Paradigm Research Group. http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/Awards/Balducci_Corrado.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Doru Davidovici as SF writer & UFO researcher (Romanian)
- Official web site of Iker Jiménez
- Official web site of the program TV Cuarto Milenio
- "Official Site: Erich von Däniken". http://www.daniken.com/. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "The Aetherius Society: Dr. George King, Our Founder". http://www.aetherius.org/index.cfm?app=content&SectionID=29. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "Galactic Diplomacy: Elizabeth Klarer - Contactee with extraterrestrials from Alpha Centauri". http://www.galacticdiplomacy.com/Klarer-home.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "Official site: Nick Pope". http://www.nickpope.net/. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "UFO EVIDENCE: UFO Researchers & People- Jenny Randles". http://www.ufoevidence.org/Researchers/Detail40.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "Brinsley Le Poer Trench: "Legends and the case for Hollow Earth."". http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/luna/esp_luna_19a.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- Ukrainians to see meteor shower this night, 17 September 2008, Ukrainian Independent Information Agency (UNIAN) "(...) says Artem Bilyk, head of the Center for Abnormal Space Phenomena Studies at the National Technical University of Ukraine (KPI)."
- Ukraine in Danger! UFO to Attack Us?, 23 August 2007, Mignews
- UFOs attacking Ukraine (video), 5 September 2007, Anna Vernoslova, RIA Novosti correspondent in Kiev, Russian International News Agency (RIA Novosti)
- "Statement by Stanton T. Friedman". National Capital Area Skeptics. January 2001. http://ncas.org/ufosymposium/friedman.html. Retrieved 2011-09-27.
- "Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations". UFO Digest. November 24, 2005. http://www.ufodigest.com/parliament.html. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Clark, Jerome, The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon from the Beginning, Volume 2, L-Z Detroit: Omnigraphics, 1998 (2nd edition, 2005), ISBN 0-7808-0097-4
- "(www.paradigmresearchgroup.org) Jaime Maussan: 2005 PRG Courage in Journalism". http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/Awards/Maussan_Jaime.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "The Queen & the Saucers". Time magazine. 1959-06-01. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,811123,00.html. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "(galactic2.net) "He experienced a cosmic glimpse in the spaceship."- Orfeo Angelucci". http://galactic2.net/rune/orfeo.html. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "SPACE.COM: "Legal Web Heats Up Around Art Bell."". http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/phenomena/artbell.html. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "PARA VIEW: "The Story of Paul Bennewitz, National Security, and the Creation of a Modern UFO Myth."". http://www.paraview.com/bishop/. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "The Excluded Middle". http://www.excludedmiddle.com.
- Clark, Jerome (1998). The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon from the Beginning, Volume 2, A-K Detroit: Omnigraphics. Detroit, MI: Omnigraphics. ISBN 0-7808-0097-4.
- "Philip J. Corso's Department of the Army Form 66, Officer Qualification Record". http://www.cufon.org/cufon/corso_da66.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "Own site (Robert Dean): Beyond Zebra". Archived from the original on 2007-12-12. http://web.archive.org/web/20071212183930/http://www.beyondzebra.com/bobdean.shtml. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "Roswell Files: Glenn Dennis". http://www.roswellfiles.com/Witnesses/glenndennis.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "Keyhole Publishing, Dolan bio". http://keyholepublishing.com/richard_dolan-bio.html.
- "Haunted Playground on LA Talk Radio". http://latalkradio.com/Haunted.php.
- "My Experience With the Lie Detector", Daniel Fry, September 1954, "Saucers", Vol. ii, No. 3, pages 6-8.
- "Mysterious America: Interview with Allen H. Greenfield". Archived from the original on 2007-12-19. http://web.archive.org/web/20071219233334/http://www.mysterious-america.net/allengreenfieldi.html. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- Greer, Steven (1999). "About Steven M. Greer, M.D.". Extraterrestrial Contact: The Evidence and Implications. Afton, Virginia: Crossing Point. pp. 525–526. ISBN 978-0-9673238-0-0. http://www.disclosureproject.org.
- McCarthy, Paul (December 1, 1992). "Close encounters of the fifth kind. (communicating with UFOs)". Omni (magazine). http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-9263395_ITM. Retrieved 2007-05-12. "Greer claims that he is a contactee who has coined the term "close encounter of the fifth kind" to describe human-initiated contact with extraterrestrials."
- "Official site: Richard H. Hall". http://www.hallrichard.com/. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "UFO Evidence, Rendlesham case report by L.Col. Charles Halt". http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc662.htm.
- Clark, Jerome (1998). The UFO Encyclopedia: 2nd Edition; Volume 1, A-K. Omnigraphics, Inc. ISBN 0-7808-0097-4. page 481
- "Inruders Foundation: Budd Hopkins UFO Abduction Research Foundation". http://www.intrudersfoundation.org/. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "Bio: Linda Moulton Howe". Nexus Magazine. Archived from the original on 2008-03-07. http://web.archive.org/web/20080307045521/http://www.nexusmagazine.com/Conf+2005/Linda+Moulton+Howe.html. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "The J. Allen Hynek for UFO Studies". http://www.cufos.org/org.html. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- Ronald Story, ed., The Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrial Encounters, (New York: New American Library, 2001), s.v. "Morris K. Jessup," pp. 276.
- Jerome Clark, The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial. Visible Ink, 1998. ISBN 1-57859-029-9
- "UFORC.com NEWS SERVICE: KLAS-TV Reporter - George Knapp to Give Keynote Banquet Speech at 4th UFO Crash Retrieval Conference". http://www.uforc.com/news/KLAS-TV_Knapp_UFOCRC_111006.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "Official web site: Bob Lazar". http://www.boblazar.com/. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "Dr. Bruce Maaccabee Research Website". http://brumac.8k.com/. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "The truth is way out there". Dallas Observer. 2000-07-06. Archived from the original on 2000-08-23. http://web.archive.org/web/20000823222702/http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/2000-07-06/feature.html/page1.html.
- Martin, Riley; Tan. The Coming of Tan. Historicity Productions. http://www.thecomingoftan.com/read~from~the~book/read~from~the~book.html. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "The John E Mack Institute". http://www.johnemackinstitute.org/. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- Greenwell, J. Richard, "Menzel, Donald H[oward]" pp. 229–230 in The Encyclopedia of UFOs," Ronald Story, editor; Garden City: Doubleday & Company, Inc, 1980, ISBN 0-385-13677-3
- Moseley, James W.; Pflock, Karl T. (2002). Shockingly Close to the Truth!: Confessions of a Grave-Robbing Ufologist. Prometheus Books. ISBN 1-57392-991-3.
- Noory; Birnes (2006). Worker in the Light: Unlock Your Five Senses And Liberate Your Limitless Potential. New York: Forge. ISBN 0-7653-1087-2.
- Watch the Skies! A Chronicle of the Flying Saucer Myth, 1994. Smithsonian Institution Press. ISBN 1-56098-343-4
- The Roswell Encyclopedia, 2000, Collins Press, ISBN 0-380-79853-0
- "Nick Redfern Official site". http://www.nickredfern.com/. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- Diana Palmer Hoyt, "UFOCRITIQUE: UFOs, Social Intelligence and the Condon Committee"; Master's Thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 2000 read it online
- Rutledge, Harley D. Project Identification: The first Scientific Study of UFO Phenomena. Prentice-Hall 1981 ISBN 0-13-730713-6
- Carlson, Peter (February 19, 2004). "Ike and the Alien Ambassadors". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A53203-2004Feb18¬Found=true. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "The Debunker's Domain: Robert Sheaffer- Skeptical to the Max". http://debunker.com/. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "Whitley Strieber's "Unknown Country"". http://www.unknowncountry.com/. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "The CUFON Inteerview of Michael D. Swords, Ph.D". http://www.cufon.org/cufon/cir/swords.htm. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- Five Arguments Against the Extraterrestrial Origin of Unidentified Flying Objects - Jacques Vallée, Ph.D.
- "Alfred Webre". Jerry Pippin. http://www.jerrypippin.com/UFO_Files_alfred_webre.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "UFO INFO: "Argentina: Ufologist to Visit Policeman in Disappearance Case." (Fabio Zerpa)". http://www.ufoinfo.com/news/argentinapoliceman3.shtml. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
View page ratings
Rate this page
Rate this page
Current average ratings.
Your ratings have not been submitted yet
Your ratings have expired
Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.
An account will help you track your edits, get involved in discussions, and be a part of the community.or
Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.