I have organized a
suggested reading list, which contains books I believe are valuable to
all students of spiritual and mystical experience and are available via
Amazon. I shall be adding to it all the time.
Consciousness and Mind
Mysticism and Mystical Experience
Spirituality and Spiritual Experience
- Batson, C. D., Schoenrade, P., & Ventis, W. L. (1993). Religion and the individual: A social psychological perspective. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Cardeña, E., Lynn, S. J., & Krippner, S. (Eds.). (2000). Varieties of anomalous experiences. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Koss-Chioino, J.D. & Hefner, K. (Eds.) (2006). Spiritual transformation and healing: Anthropological, theological, neuroscientific, and clinical perspectives. Walnut Creek, CA: Altamira Press.
- Paloutzian, R. F., & Parks, C.L. (Eds.) (2005). Handbook of religion and spirituality. New York: Guilford.
- Tacey, D. (2004). Spirituality evolution: The emergence of contemporary spirituality. Brunner, Routledge.
Psychiatry and Spirituality
- Cook, C. Powell, A., Sims, A. (2009). Spirituality and psychiatry. Royal College of Psychiatrists Press, London.
- Coyte, M. E., Gilbert, P., & Nicholls, V. (2007). Spirituality, values and mental health: Jewels for the journey. Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Mijares, S. (Ed.) (2005). Psychospiritual clinician’s handbook: Alternative methods for understanding and healing mental disorders. Haworth Press.
- Aziz, R. (1990). C.G. Jung’s psychology of religion and synchronicity. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Cambray, J. (2009). Synchronicity: Nature and psyche in an interconnected universe. TAMU Press.
- Jung, C. G. (1952). Synchronicity: An acausal connecting principle. Princeton University Press.
- Main, R. (2007). Revelations of chance: Synchronicity as spiritual experience. SUNY Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Mansfield, V. (1998). Synchronicity, science, and soul-making: Understanding jungian synchronicity through physics, buddhism, and philosophy. Open Court.
- Peat, D. (1987). Synchronicity The bridge between matter and mind. Bantam
- Perry, R. (2009). Signs: A new approach to coincidence, synchronicity, guidance, life purpose, and God's plan. Semeion Press.
- Storm, L (Ed.). (2008). Synchronicity: Multiple perspectives on meaningful coincidence. Pari Publishing.
- Strogatz, S. (2004). Sync: How order emerges from chaos in the universe, nature, and daily life. Hyrion.