Why did Nazi Germany kill millions who did not conform to its ideas of racial-biological 'purity'?
Genocide Under the Nazis (The Holocaust)
Descent into Genocide
This unique timeline allows you to judge if you too would have accepted the drip-drip of events that led to murder on an unimaginable scale.
- Interactive Map of Auschwitz - The shocking evolution of history's worst murder site
- From Persecution to Genocide - The radicalisation of Nazi policy towards the Jews, by David Cesarani
- The Nazi Racial State - How the Nazi state realised its theories of racial purity, by Peter Longerich
- Child Survivors of the Holocaust
BBC Archive: Witnessing The Holocaust
- Witnessing The Holocaust - Personal accounts of a crime against humanity
Who Were the Guilty?
Relatively few of those involved in the genocides of World War Two ever faced justice, but the question of guilt remains. By Omer Bartov.
- Rudolf Höss - Commandant of Auschwitz - Auschwitz is a place of unparalleled horror and the site of the largest mass murder in history.
- Adolf Eichmann: The Mind of a War Criminal by Professor David Cesarani
- Austria and Nazism: Owning Up to the Past by Dr Robert Knight
- The Vichy Policy on Jewish Deportation by Paul Webster
- Is Forgiveness Possible? A Jewish Perspective by Rabbi Albert Friedlander
Debates and Denial
How and why do certain individuals and groups dispute the reality of the Nazis' attempt to annihilate the Jews of Europe? By Deborah Lipstadt