From the Research of Brad and Sherry Steiger:

A Strange Encounter with Non-Terrans

By Brad Steiger 

Around 1967, I began to receive strange telephone calls from individuals who termed themselves non-Terrans, a basically benevolent group of extraterrestrials, who had been living among us for about 8,000 years. When, around 5,000 years ago they realized that we, their Terran cousins, were at that time simply too barbaric and primitive to receive any kind of meaningful instruction, they retreated to bases underground or at the bottoms of the oceans. Since that time, they emerge from time to time to chart our basic progress, and they asked me to consider all the many legends that tell of gods and enchanted creatures rising up out of the sea to communicate moral lessons, religious principles, economic truths, or technological insights to astonished human beings. On occasion, one of these alleged non-Terrans would introduce himself or herself to me after one of my lectures or seminars. The only physically distinguishing characteristics that I noted among these individuals were peculiarly large and slightly almond shaped eyes, most frequently blue-green in color, a very thin body build, mostly reddish or blondish hair, and while the males were around medium height, the females appeared taller and somewhat masculine in appearance.

In 1969, when I was living in Chicago, I received a telephone call from an executive in a large advertising agency who asked me to appear as a consultant at a meeting of an executive from a major airline, some investment counselors, a psychologist, some pilots, and a group of people who claimed to be extraterrestrials or non-Terrans. The non-Terrans claimed that they were now willing to share a number of things that we Terrans could use: A powder that transformed common tap water into smokeless, nonpollutant, no-knock fuel, and a liquid that would totally fireproof any surface upon which it had been sprayed. The advertising executive wanted me to advise him and his friends just who the hell these "people" were.

For the first meeting I asked my friend Glenn, a former private detective, to accompany me--along with a hidden tape recorder. We met in a private home not far from O'Hare Airfield. There were three principals: Ray, the advertising executive whom I had met before, was a former jet pilot who had chased UFO's in Korea and had been on their trail ever since. Bill, an executive with a major airline, who was dedicated to solving the UFO enigma and able to travel anywhere at a moment's notice to investigate any UFO report firsthand. And there was Salvatore--a non-Terran, a UFO navigator who appeared to be in his late 50s in terms of Earth-years, who had been chosen to negotiate with us Terrans for the fuel base and the fireproofing solution.

The evening went fast and was extremely confusing. From the outset, one of the non-Terrans, a tall redheaded woman with very strange, staring eyes, was hostile to me, complaining that in one of my books I had said that some UFO's may not have the most friendly of intentions. And I was never really introduced to a number of other individuals who, apparently, were the investment counselors, the psychologist, the pilots, and other assorted non-Terrans. To make matters more confusing, in spite of his practiced efforts to get crucial information on tape, Glenn's hidden recorder later reproduced only some unintelligible voices that sounded like Donald Duck singing in the shower.

In subsequent meetings with Salvatore, however, we soon determined that he was not really a non-Terran, but a good old Terran just like us. However, he had been trained by a German scientist who had worked closely with the non-Terrans. And this was the best part of the story: Toward the end of World War I, Dr. Rhinelander (as we shall call him) was contacted by a group of non-Terrans and told that he would be given the plans and assistance to build marvelous aerial craft that would run on a propulsion system totally unknown to the earth scienceof the day. If he wished to receive this information, he must form a group of scientific disciples and immigrate to a certain coal-mining community in the Midwest, U.S.A. Dr. Rhinelander agreed, and as soon as possible after the signing of the Armistice, the Germans immigrated to the designated area. It was important to be near these nearly played-out mines, Dr. Rhinelander was told, because the fuel he would need for the crafts would be made from a by-product of coal.

Dr. Rhinelander and his fellow scientists established themselves in the community, beginning their day when the last whistle sounded in the mines. While the other miners trudged for the bars, home, supper, and bed, the scientists entered their laboratories and set about to fulfill the time schedule that had been set for them by their mysterious benefactors. Eventually, through the apparently unlimited funds provided by the non-Terrans, Dr. Rhinelander was able to buy up old mines to convert into spacious laboratories and to employ large numbers of the indigenous community.

Salvatore told us that those who wished to work for Dr. Rhinelander had first to pass a rigorous physical examination and a tortuous, maddening psychological examination. If one were accepted, he was given a special diet and was required to submit to a regular testing of his blood, "to see if it stayed right."

Salvatore served his apprenticeship as a "checker"--a very simple job. One had only to receive a name and an address and go to that place and "check" to see if that person was doing what he was supposed to be doing. For example, the computer might say that a certain man was supposed to be living in Orlando, Florida, and was supposed to be a research chemist. A checker would then be dispatched to Orlando to see if that fellow was employed as a research chemist or if he had "erred" and pursued another walk of life. Salvatore admitted that I was on the checkers lists and that they had been checking on me since I was a child to see if I were following the program that had been established for me. Naturally, as one who believes in free will, I did not receive such an allegation with enthusiasm.

After a few years as a "checker," Salvatore was allowed to enter the laboratories where Dr. Rhinelander and his crew were assembling the first aerial craft, which to Salvatore's unsophisticated eye appeared as impractically shaped as upside-down saucers. But soon the diligent Salvatore was working closely with Dr. Rhinelander and falling in love with the scientist's lovely and brilliant daughter. Dr. Rhinelander had such confidence in his daughter's ability that he permitted her to captain the maiden flight of the aerial craft that had been designed according to their tutors' specifications. That was when tragedy first struck.

Although the takeoff was accomplished without incident, the craft was no sooner free of the Earth's atmosphere when a similar but larger vehicle appeared and literally "caught" the ship piloted by Ms. Rhinelander within its metallic structure.

The alarmed and confused German scientists were then informed that other non-Terrans had objected to the intervention of Dr. Rhinelander's benefactors. They were not eager for Homo sapiens to have the secrets of interstellar travel. In fact, they would seek to delay humankind's leap to other worlds as long as possible.

In spite of this interference by a hostile extraterrestrial group, Dr. Rhinelander became determined to master space travel and to negotiate for the return of his daughter. According to Salvatore, two more vehicles were lost to the opposing factor of non-Terrans before the Germans perfected a means of avoiding capture. Dr. Rhinelander's daughter and the other crew members were never returned, although the Terrans were assured that these people were being well cared for on another world. 

Dr. Rhinelander had finally accomplished space travel in the 1930's, but it seemed to matter little. He grieved over the loss of his daughter and became diverted from his work. Concurrently, the unlimited financial funding that they had enjoyed seemed to be curtailed. Chaos began to permeate their once splendid structure of efficient order. At the time of Dr. Rhinelander's death, the group was approaching poverty, and even though they were still in close contact with the non-Terrans in their underwater bases, the scientists had little inclination to attempt more than an occasional foray into the night skies with their two surviving craft.

And now the nervous Salvatore, a small, plump, perpetually talking man, wished to sell the formulas to the nonpollutant fuel--which, he pointed out, Earth certainly needed now--and the fireproofer, which humankind always needed in their combustionable society.

But was he authorized to sell these formulas? Salvatore always answered yes, but in each of our various meetings he had the disconcerting habit of always looking over his shoulder--or ours--as if someone lurked unseen in the shadows. He explained that the group was now poor, and the few survivors had authorized him to seek a high bidder for their scientific breakthroughs.

Did the fuel work? Yes, Ray said. He had used it in his lawnmower all summer with good results. An attorney used it in his Lincoln Continental for several months, and he had been told by mechanics that the motor was in excellent condition.

A jarful was mixed and handed around the room. There seemed to be little odor. Glenn dipped in a finger and touched it to his tongue. Little taste--maybe a bit like kerosene. We poured a bit out and touched a match to it. Instantly it poofed into smokeless flame.

Did the fireproofer work? We were informed that a demonstration had been arranged at a nearby airfield. A mixture of oil and gasoline consuming an old fuselage had been extinguished within seconds with but one squirt from a fire extinguisher filled with the substance.

Ray felt he could get backers to raise the money the group was asking for the formulas. But in my opinion, he was about to enter some of the most maddening squares on the Reality Game. "I doubt if it will ever happen," I warned him. "Should you get the backers, I doubt you'll ever get together with Salvatore. And I hope you're secure in your job. In the past people who have tried to join forces with these characters have often ended up discredited. Scientists have been promised the Nobel prize and have been awarded nothing but the humiliation of being bounced out of the university with their tenure torn to shreds."

I went along on a midnight meeting in some seedy bar where we were to rendezvous with Salvatore. It rained so hard that night that it must have kept even UFO's out of the sky, because Salvatore did not show to deliver the formulas. I turned down the opportunity to come along for the next "for sure" transfer, and I was hardly surprised when Ray told me that Salvatore had not shown on that occasion, either.

In my opinion, a mischievous "whoever" was playing the old keepaway game. It became increasingly obvious to me that even though Salvatore may have been present at some decidedly remarkable happenings, he was no more authorized to sell those ostensibly fabulous formulas than he was to sell a piece of the moon. Salvatore was, in my opinion, a nervous little automaton, a puppet that jumped when an undisclosed someone pulled the strings.

Speaking of the moon, it was not long before Ray found himself confronted by attractive young women who claimed they were non-Terrans who had gone to school on Earths satellite. Ray telephoned me and appealed for help. He said that the women could answer any technological question that he, a former Air Force jet pilot, could throw at them without hesitation. I reminded him that I had already announced my decision to "pass" this aspect of the Reality Game, but since Ray was a good friend, it was difficult to deny his pleas. I met him for lunch in a downtown restaurant when I was doing a guest shot on local ABC television's Chicago Show. An excited Ray told me that he had taken one of the Moon Maids for dinner a couple of nights before in an attempt to ply her with enough alcoholic beverages to loosen her tongue. She had put away a dozen double martinis without slurring a syllable, without contradicting any previously disclosed aspect of her story, and without once excusing herself to go to the ladies' room.

The Moon Maids invulnerability to the effects of strong alcoholic drink reminded me of a confidential disclosure made to me by another UFO researcher who said that a non-Terran had entered his apartment one night and drank a bottle of bleach kept under the sink as proof that such chemicals did not affect their internal systems. Ray kept in touch for quite some time, and he proved to possess a rare degree of determination. He told me of a number of midnight meetings, which the other parties never kept. On occasion, he was "tailed" by three dark men in dark automobiles, who proved to be unshakable. But he never managed to track down those magical formulas.

I remained on the non-Terrans alleged "check list." I do not really know if these non-Terrans who have contacted me from time to time are precisely who they claim to be or whether they are some very real Terran jokesters. Some of them, like Salvatore, seem to be the manipulated subjects of some invisible puppeteer. I suspect that our opponents in the Reality Game occasionally employ conditioned members of our own species to pull off their distracting pranks, and then, later, some normal Homo sapiens imitate these Trickster devices through hoaxes--thereby royally confusing the whole issue. This is one of the real paradoxes of the whole UFO mystery. The attitude of the UFOnauts, the Visitors, the Other, toward us seems ambivalent at best. I have learned that it is best to play their game with extreme caution and to attempt to remain as centered, focused, and balanced as possible. To enter their dimension, is to enter a version of our world where nothing is as it seems. 

The above account has been adapted from my Mysteries of Time and Space in which I describe many more encounters with the Tricksters, the Men in Black, and other assorted cosmic opponents who challenge us to play what I have come to call, The Reality Game. If we can once apprehend the true significance of the preposterous clues, if we can but master the proper moves, we may obtain a clearer picture of our true role in the cosmic scheme of things. The rules of the Reality Game are confusing, extremely flexible, and difficult to define, but play we must--for it is the only game in the Universe. 


Spirit possession
and how to avoid it
Posted:7:53 PM (Manila Time) | October 22, 2001

Inquirer News Service

IF sexual harassment is defined as "unwelcome attention," then possession may be defined as "unwelcome intrusion of interference by a spirit into one's thoughts, will and/or body."

Anyone can be a victim of evil spirits or demonic possession. Even very religious and prayerful persons have been known to be possessed.

Modern western psychology and psychiatry do not consider demonic possession to be a clinical reality. However, more enlightened practitioners and researchers now feel that certain types of psychosis (such as schizophrenia), or any sudden or radical change in behavior, can be signs of spirit possession.

What kinds of spirits do this? Why do they possess the living? What is their purpose?

This is how Brad Steiger, a well-known prolific American psychic researcher and author explains it:

"Current modalities of the universe maintain that energy can never be destroyed. Therefore, it is reasoned, even though we may discard our bodies at death, the Soul energy that we have created during our lifetime exists even after we have died. At death, this psychic energy force separates itself from the body and begins a new existence on the spirit level.

"A number of parapsychologists have declared that there may be very little difference between the two worlds. The electromagnetic structure of the soul continues to have the same habits, thoughts, memories, feelings and flaws as existing in the physical plane.

"Thus, if a person has spent his entire existence in pursuit of pleasure, the psychic soul personality will experience the same mediumistic drives after death. He will attempt to return to all his old, pleasurable places.

"Think of the tremendous, unresolved shock when someone dies unexpectedly and enters the spirit world. And if there were additional negative factors, such as a feud left unsettled, an old score left unpaid, an argument left unresolved, then that spirit might hunger to return to the physical world and obtain vengeance."

Such a negative and earthbound spirit may seek to attach itself to a susceptible person and make him or her do things unnatural to and against his or her will. Such spirits become parasites.

Signs of spirit possession

Any or a combination of the following behavior pattern is indicative of spirit or demonic possession:

1. Hearing voices directing the person to perform acts he may not have considered doing.

2. He or she will frequently see or sense the image of the possessing spirit as it existed in its physical life.

3. The victim may blackout or faint without knowing what transpired during that time.

4. Sometimes, in the midst of a conversation, he may have a mental block and act in a trance-like manner.

5. He may be observed talking or walking differently or acting in a strange, irrational manner.

6. He may act in a way he has never done before. His friends may see him as a totally different person.

7. In a worst scenario, the possession may reach a climax where the person may commit a crime, some violent or anti-social act and even suicide.

8. He or she may speak in tongues, and perform lewd acts and avoid religious objects (like a crucifix, rosary, etc.)

According to another researcher, clinical psychologist Edith Fiore, over 50 percent of those confined in mental hospitals in the United States are not insane but victims of spirit possession. I wonder what would be the estimated percentage in Philippine hospitals. Considering our people's greater sensitivity to spirit forces and poor diagnostic procedures, perhaps the percentage of possessed individuals confined in mental hospitals here is greater.

1. Have a positive, cheerful attitude. Since on the mental and spirit plane "like attracts like," a positive attitude will attract positive and benign spirits to you.

2. Maintain harmony and balance in your mind, body and spirit. Keep your emotional side especially in check and not prone to outbursts of anger.

3. Avoid being in the company of highly negative people or going to negative places. Negative individuals can sap your energy and drain you, thereby making spirit possession easier. The same in places with negative or earthbound spirits, for example, hospitals, cemeteries, wakes or haunted houses.

4. Remember you have free will. You are the master of your own life and destiny. Do not allow another entity to conquer or over-power your will. Remember even God respects our will and will not do anything to go against it. Only evil spirits try to overpower our will. Do not succumb to such attempts. Assert your will over any other entity and command it to "Begone!"

5. Carry protective or sacred objects with you. If you are a Christian, you may carry with you some powerful religious objects that you believe in. For example, St. Benedict's medal, which was specially charged or blessed by an authorized Benedictine Priest, can help protect you against demonic possession. If you believe in quartz crystals or amulets, have one specially blessed or charged by a competent person to protect you.

6. Practice discernment. If an evil spirit is present, you can sense this. Your body will react in a different way compared to the presence of a good spirit. Learn to distinguish them. Discernment is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit according to St. Paul.

2001 all rights reserved


Miracles of a Mother's Love
Mothers are probably the most psychic people on Earth, and it is likely that their extraordinary powers come from the mother/child bond. In our opinion, a mother's love is the mightiest power on the planet--it can turn an ordinary woman into a miracle worker. Take these three stories from the S Files as examples: 

At 2:00 a.m. on the morning of July 17, 1987, Nada Moresco, 48, opened her eyes to glimpse a shadowy form resembling her daughter, Kathleen.

"Mom, I need your help," the apparition said.

Twenty-two-year-old Kathleen lived ten miles away. Nada tried to phone her, but the line was busy.

Sensing tragedy, Nada got dressed and drove over to her daughter's apartment. Here, to her horror, she discovered Kathleen lying on her back in a pool of blood. It was apparent that she had fallen off a ladder while redecorating and smashed her head against the edge of the coffee table.

While recovering at the hospital, Kathleen said that as she was falling she called out: "Mom, I need your help!"

The time was 2:00 a.m.--and Nada telepathically heard her daughter's cry for help over ten miles away. 

On the afternoon of July 28, 1927, Blanche Weidmuller took her daughter, Mary, down to Lake Michigan for a ride on the Favorite, a double-decker ferry. As they walked along the pier toward the boat, Blanche suddenly had a premonition of disaster. So, before reaching the vessel, she took her daughter aboard a smaller boat, instead.

After they returned home that evening, they heard the shouts of newsboys announcing an extra edition of the paper. The banner headline reported that 25 had drowned aboard the Favorite earlier in the day when a sudden squall had capsized it. 

In April 1936, Arthur Finnegan of Camden, NJ was five years old, lying in a hospital bed, recovering from a tonsillectomy.

He had just regained consciousness when a woman whispered: "Arthur, it's your mother to see you."

He looked up at the foot of his bed, but he was puzzled. The woman who stood there was a stranger to him. And then she vanished.

Years later, the woman he knew as his mother confessed that she was really his stepmother--his real mother had been killed in an automobile accident a few months after his birth. When Arthur was shown a photograph of his real mother, he immediately recognized her as the woman who had appeared at the foot of his hospital bed. 

Moms! Have you experienced a remarkable psychic linkup with your child? Kids of all ages! Has your mother worked a miracle in your life?

If so, we would like to hear about it. We are currently working on a book entitled, Miracles of a Mother's Love, and we would very much like to hear your story. 

She Talked with a Priest--100 Years After His Death
Anita Stapleton had wondered many times whether there really was life after death. Then one night, the ghost of a priest unexpectedly appeared before her and gave her the answer.

The ghostly being provided her with details of his life on earth more than a century earlier...and she was able to prove that the priest had, in fact, lived.

Here, in her own words, is the very convincing story that she told us: 

The day had been a normal one for me in my home in  Labrador,Australia. I had gone about my daily chores, watched  television in the evening, and finally went to bed, while my husband  was still watching the late movie on TV.

The bedroom was not dark, because the bright light of a full  moon fell through the window.

I had just lain down, ready to go to sleep, when I suddenly  noticed that I was not alone.

Right in front of the wardrobe, and looking directly at me, was a  middle-aged man, dressed like a Catholic priest.

I rubbed my eyes and pinched my arms to make sure that I was  fully awake.

The priest was still standing there, looking at me. He was a frail  man with hollow cheeks. His face showed traces of a hard life and  illness.

He looked so real, not like a ghost. I was not a bit scared,  because he radiated vibrations of utter peace.

"Hello, Father," I said. "God bless you."

"And God bless you, my child," the priest replied.

He was well-spoken, his voice soft. His English accent was not  hard to distinguish.

After stressing that there is survival after death, he told me that  he was Fredrick William Faber and that he had lived in England from  1814 to 1863.

When I remarked that at the time of his passing he was only 49  years old, he confirmed this and added that he had died of a kidney  disease.

After talking about religious matters for a few more minutes, he  bade me farewell and disappeared.

The incident troubled me for days. How could I ever find out  the truth?

Then my husband reminded me of Somerset House in London,  where a record of every person born and decased in Britain is kept.  However,he did not know how far back these records went. Father  Faber--if indeed he had existed--had been dead for over 100 years.

I did not wish to make a fool of myself in case the whole thing  was a hallucination. However, after hesitating for a few days, I took  the plunge and wrote to Somerset House requesting a search.

Two weeks later, when the answer arrived from Somerset  House, I almost fainted. Included with their letter was the copy of a  death certificate.

It stated that Fredrick Will Faber's death had occurred on  September 26, 1863, that he had been 49 at the time of his death and  had been a doctor of divinity in Brompton, County of Middlesex. The  cause of his death was stated as kidney disease.

The official document in my hands confirmed what the  apparition had told me. An authority such as Somerset House would  not send a fictitious document halfway around the world to back up  someone's hallucination. To the best of my knowledge, Father Faber  had not been so well-known that books would have been written about  him which I might have read and forgotten about. As much as I rack  my brain, I cannot find a logical explanation.

But now I know for sure that there is life after death. To me, it  has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

Has life after death been proved to you "beyond a shadow of a doubt"? Let us hear about your proof of survival.

It seems that wherever we go these days, we hear people talking about Time and expressing their feelings that the days, weeks, months, and years are moving along at a faster pace. Time is speeding up, seems to be a common consensus.

Is there some reason why we are feeling this alleged acceleration of time? Is it due to our fast-paced society and the stress and pressures of the contemporary world? Or is Time truly speeding up? 

The following selection from the Steiger Research Files, the "S" Files, offers another viewpoint regarding this enigma. 

The Mystery of 1965
By Brad Steiger 
I first met Col. Arthur J. Burks (U.S. Marine Corps, Retired), a popular author/lecturer in the metaphysical field, in February 1972 when we were among the speakers at the Aquarian Age International Conference in Honolulu. In my research throughout the U.S. and Canada, I had heard many psychic-sensitives express their belief that in 1965 "something clicked" whereby everything advanced and Time suddenly accelerated in pace. One evening, as Col. Burks and I were discussing related matters, I asked him his thoughts regarding the increased and accelerated vibratory rate of time: 

Col. Burks: This is a peculiar thing,and I think a number of people have taken note of it. In February and March, 1965, I began to get little ideas from people who came in for study. They could come in with the notion that things were moving faster. I came to the conclusion that about February or March 1965, it was as if each person in the world had started to take a step forward--and stepped across a period of years from 1965 to 1995. Since everybody did it, few people noticed it. And it became evident in the studies I did for people that even Spirit was taken by surprise.

After a period of time, I found a reading by Edgar Cayce, who said in 1912 that there would be a collapse of time, some interference with time, that would cover a period of years near the end of the century. It seemed to me that these words of Cayce offered some sort of confirmation on this giant move ahead. 

Steiger: You're saying, then, that in 1965 everyone took a step into the future. 

Col. Burks: Everybody stepped across thirty years on the spiritual plane. It is confusing, because in spirit there is no time.

I've noticed another strange thing. When I made a prediction before 1965, I would be within a couple of days of being right on target. But now I have discovered--and I hear that other [psychic-sensitives] have, too--that a prediction will work out all right, but it will be realized faster than predicted. If I say something will work out in June, it may happen in February. In other words, everything seems to be stepped up. 

Keep checking our website and The S Files for regular updates on various aspects of our research into ghosts, UFOs, ancient civilizations, psychic phenomena, mediumship, healing, the power of prayer, and all aspects of the paranormal.

 Meet Brad | Meet Sherry | What's New? | Book List | Links | Photo Album | Questionnaire